Frequently Asked Question
Correct common formula errors while you work
Last Updated 3 years ago
- Click File > Options, and then click Formulas.
- Under Error Checking, make sure that the Enable background error checking check box is selected.
- To change the color of the triangle that marks where an error occurs, in the Indicate errors using this color box, select the color that you want.
- Select a cell with a triangle in the top-left corner of a cell.
- Next to the cell, click the Error Checking button that appears, and then click the option you want. The available commands differ for each type of error, and the first entry describes the error. If you click Ignore Error, the error is marked to be ignored for each consecutive check.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5